Tuesday 26 February 2013

My 'Eisenkern' have made it through customs....

...soon! Soon! Meanwhile....
I read recently that someone wasn't keen on the  'German' style helmets on the figures but there' no need to be put off. I'll definitely be using them on mine (and the wide selection of heads in the accessory set) but I have been trying a couple of head-swaps while I wait very impatiently for mine to arrive. Best I've found so far are these Space Guardsmen heads from Puppets War  (7 euros for ten) as they fit almost perfectly with the figures proportions (I've been spoilt by Hasslefree, McVey and Antenociti et al and won't work in 'heroic' scale again if I can help it). I might actually use these with the metal Kriegsmarine I've still to put together and paint.











4 comments:

  1. Mine arrived the other day, but I've not had time to start doing anything with them. I honestly hadn't thought about looking at headswaps for them, but am now going to rifle through my bits to see what works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great spare heads out there, PO - Mad Robot in particular is producing some beauties - but many of them, including Mad Robot, are too big. I'd be interested in hearing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those Puppets war heads look far better on a torso.

    That said thge reason im posting is to find out whose torsos those are. They are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Torso are metal Dreamforge Eisenkern Stormtroopers (I'm waiting for the plastic versions which are due tomorrow). I'm not sure they're still available in metal as they're now being made in plastic.....
    http://www.dreamforge-games.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=73

    ReplyDelete